Juniper Research has announced the 2019 winners of the Future Digital Awards for Technology and Innovation. The category recognizes the most innovative and impactful technology products operating across numerous sectors, including Automotive; Devices; Energy; IoT; Smart Cities; Smart Homes.
Juniper Research has identified the following cutting-edge products, services, applications, technologies and vendors that it believes are significantly driving the growth of these sectors.
The award winners and runners-up in each category are as follows:
- AUTOMOTIVE & TELEMATICS INNOVATION: Best Consumer Product
- Winner: Wejo Intelligence Marketplace Wejo
- Honorable Mention: NXM Autonomous Security Firmware NXM Wave Labs
- AUTOMOTIVE & TELEMATICS INNOVATION: Most Innovative ADAS Solution
- Winner: Qualcomm 9150 CV2X Chipset Qualcomm
- Honorable Mention: LiDAR Harman
- IOT INNOVATION: Best Edge Computing Platform
- Winner: Edge Edge Network
- Honorable Mention: NXM Autonomous Security Platform NXM Wave Labs
- IOT INNOVATION: Best IoT Healthcare System
- Winner: iN Cognitive Patient Care Assistant Inspiren
- Honorable Mention: Wearable pH Sensor L’Oreal
- IOT INNOVATION: Best IoT Security Innovation of the Year
- Winner: AirOn eSIM Management G+D Mobile Security
- Highly Commended: ZoOm 3D Face Authentication ZoOm
- SMART CITIES INNOVATION: Best Citizen Engagement Solution
- Winner: Tomi Tomiworld
- Highly Commended: SAI Cart SAI Group
- SMART CITIES INNOVATION: Best Smart City Platform
- Winner: Trafi Jelbi
- Honorable mention: SoMo Transportation App SoMo
- SMART CITIES INNOVATION: Smart City Innovation of the Year
- Winner: Gemalto Instant Connect Gemalto, a Thales company
- Honorable mention: ZomeKIT Zome
- SMART DEVICES INNOVATION: Consumer Wearable Device of the Year
- Winner: Hololens 2 Microsoft
- Honorable mention: Owlet Smart Sock Owlet
- SMART DEVICES INNOVATION: Enterprise Wearable Innovation of the Year
- Winner: XR-1 Developer Edition Varjo
- Honorable mention: Fusion AR JuJoTech
- SMART DEVICES INNOVATION: Immersive Technology Innovation of the Year
- Winner: PLOTT LetsPLOTT
- Honorable mention: C360 Personalized Viewing Experience C360
- SMART HOME INNOVATION: Best Smart Energy Innovation
- Winner: AutoGrid Energy Internet Platform AutoGrid
- Honorable mention: CLP Smart Energy Connect Platform CLP Smart Energy Connect
- SMART HOME INNOVATION: Best Smart Home Innovation
- Winner: Awair 2nd Edition Awair
- Honorable mention: SPIN SIDN Labs
G+D Mobile Security triumphs in IoT Security Innovation of the Year award
“We are honored to be recognized by Juniper Research for our market-leading eSIM management platform and its enabling role for massive IOT deployment. With the evolution of the hyper-connected society we believe the efficient and secure management of connectivity and security for billions of devices is the most critical success factor”, said Carsten Ahrens, CEO of G+D Mobile Security.
“We have proven that our AirOn solution is capable to manage the connectivity as well as the security of all kinds of eSIM-enabled devices for consumer and M2M / IoT use cases and meets the performance requirements even in peak times of ultra-high traffic.”
Gemalto claims Smart City Innovation of the Year award
“This recognition from Juniper Research rewards our vision to make eSIM accessible to the largest number of stakeholders in the mobile ecosystem –starting from mobile operators, to subscribers, to consumer electronics & IoT device OEMs,” said Emmanuel Unguran, EVP Mobile Connectivity Solutions at Thales. “Gemalto Instant Connect aims at drastically simplifying the connection of eSIM-enabled devices on a mobile network from the first power-on.”
Edge scoops Best Edge Computing Platform award
“It is a testament to the hard work of the team here at Edge that we have won ‘Best Edge Computing Platform’ in this year’s Future Digital Awards and we are delighted to have been recognized by this award win.”, said Joseph Denne, CEO, and Co-Founder of Edge Network.
“With edge computing expected to be a significant emerging technology, we see ourselves as a first mover in the space. Over the next few years we envisage our network growing well beyond the current 271 nodes, with 45 going live in the first week that we started self-boarding in September 2019, leading to a truly global, scalable and secure edge computing network,” Denne said.
PLOTT wins Immersive Technology Innovation of the Year
“It’s an honor to be recognized by Juniper Research for our XR platform,” said David Xing, Founder & CEO of Plott. “Our platform of XR and connected tools effectively and accurately close the loop between the virtual and the real worlds, enabling users to imagine, design and create seamlessly.”
The Future Digital Awards are awarded to organizations that have made significant progress within their sector during the last 12 months and are poised to make further significant contributions.
The awards are determined by a panel of judges, from within Juniper Research, and in consultation with external experts. The judging criteria include analysis of product features and user benefits; innovation; commercial partnerships; commercial launches; certification & compliance; and, potential future business development.