Jio, the world’s largest mobile data network, has announced the commencement of JioFiber, its Fiber to the Home service, across 1,600 cities in India. With JioFiber, Jio continues to deliver on its promise of connecting the unconnected while bringing about transformational changes to Indian homes, that it started with its mobility service three years ago, on 5th September 2016.
Currently, the average fixed-line broadband speed in India is 25 Mbps. Even in the USA, which is the most developed economy, it is around 90 Mbps. JioFiber, India’s first 100% ALL-FIBER broadband service, will start from 100 Mbps and go all the way up to 1 GBPS. This will propel India to top 5 broadband nations globally.
- Ultra-high-speed broadband (up to 1 Gbps)
- Free domestic voice calling, conferencing and international calling
- TV video calling and conferencing
- Entertainment OTT apps
- Home Networking
- Device Security
- VR Experience
MONTHLY JIOFIBER PLANS
- JioFiber plan rentals start at Rs 699 and go up to Rs 8,499
- Even the lowest tariff starts with 100 Mbps speed
- You can get speeds up to 1 Gbps
- Most tariff plans come with access to all the services defined above
- Jio is pricing the plans at less than one-tenth the global rates, to make it accessible for all, to suit every budget and every need
- JioFiber users will have access to 3, 6 and 12 month plans that provides substantially higher value
- Through bank tie-ups, Jio will provide attractive EMI schemes, so customers get the benefits of annual plans by paying only monthly EMI
JIOFIBER WELCOME OFFER
- Every JioFiber user will get unprecedented value on subscribing to JioForever annual plans
- With JioForever annual plan, users can get the following:
- Jio Home Gateway
- Jio 4K Set Top Box
- Television Set (in Gold plan and above)
- Subscription to your favourite OTT apps
- Unlimited Voice and Data
JioFiber users can choose a Welcome Offer from various price points available.
Extra GBs of data given with JioFiber Welcome offers to remain for first 6 months
No LIVE Television yet on JioFiber
HOW TO GET JIOFIBER:
- Visitjio.com or download MyJio app
- Register for JioFiber services
- If JioFiber is available in your area, a company service representative will get in touch with you.
- For existing JioFiber users, Jio will get in touch with you for upgrading your services
- Please download MyJio app, as all communication with users will happen on the MyJio app
- On recharging with a monthly/quarterly/annual plan of their choice, every JioFiber user will get a Set Top Box to enjoy the full bouquet of services
Speaking at the launch of JioFiber, Akash Ambani, Director, Reliance Jio Infocomm Ltd, said, “Our customers are at the heart of everything we do, and all of JioFiber has been designed with the sole purpose of giving you a delightful experience. The launch of JioFiber, with its revolutionary services is just the beginning of a new and exciting journey. As always, we will continue working hard to bring more such amazing services to your home and take Jio Fiber to the next level.
“I want to specially thank our 5 Lac JioFiber Preview users, who have contributed significantly in perfecting our product and service experience. I welcome them to experience the next level of JioFiber,” Ambani said.
The rollout of JioFiber is expected to bring bring transformational changes in the Indian digital services space to enable the vision of Digital India for 1.2 billion Indians and propel India into global leadership in the digital economy. Jio has created an ecosystem comprising of network, devices, applications and content, service experience and affordable tariffs for everyone to live the Digital Life.
As part of its customer offers, Jio has revolutionised the Indian telecom landscape by making voice calls for Jio customers absolutely free, across India, to any network, and always. Jio makes India the highest quality, most affordable data market in the world.