The Internet of Things (IoT) Panel of The Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET), in partnership with Exhibitions India Group, is organizing the third edition of IoT India Congress, India’s largest all-inclusive platform for Internet of Things on October 9th and 10th, 2018 at the NIMHANS Convention Centre, Bengaluru.
Dr. R S Sharma, Chairman, Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI), Mr. Ajay Sawhney, Secretary, MeitY, will address the delegates. Mr. K J George, Minister for Information Technology, Biotechnology and Science & Technology, Government of Karnataka and Mr. Jawaid Akhtar, Principal Secretary to Govt. of Karnataka, Health & Family Welfare Services will also be present.
The tracks that will be in focus this year include healthcare, manufacturing, telecom, standards, media & edutainment and smart cities. Emerging technology trends such as Artificial Intelligence, Blockchain, Cybersecurity, Skills and Last Mile Focus will serve as common threads that will bind the various tracks together.
The Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology, Niti Aayog, Department of Telecommunications, CPWD, Government of India have already pledged support for this edition. The platform has, in the past, gained encouragement and support from key ministries within the Government of India. Associations include Industrial Internet Consortium, IEEMA, IEEE, FISME, NASSCOM, European Business Group, Broadband India Forum and many other industrial bodies.
Highlights of this edition
- IoT Live Zones , where attendees can touch, feel and experience IoT first-hand. A primary healthcare center of the future, telecom experience zone for 5G, NBIoT, Sigfox and LoRa technologies, smart cities zone and an Industry 4.0 zone will be showcased.
- Speed Dating – a unique platform where corporates get acquainted with great start-up ideas. Led by 100 Open Start-ups, the Speed Dating segment will feature curated, focused meetings between high calibre start-ups and enterprises geared to demonstrate business outcomes.
- Innovative experience such as PoP +91, a firs-of-its-kind Open Innovation Platform for celebrity speakers, industry experts and thought leaders which also serves as an open platform for product launches, demos, success stories and use case presentations.
- Workshop sessions to share success stories and explore business models. An exclusive session for academia to discuss their concerns in evolving an IoT-centred curriculum and guidance to take on challenges.
- ‘Argonaut – Money on the Table‘, an exclusive live funding session that will provide a platform to empower the vibrant start-up ecosystem.
To recognise the contributions of thought leaders in the IoT space, the Congress will host the Thought Leadership Awards, chaired by Gopichand Katragadda, CTO, Tata Sons. The Start-up Awards, instituted to recognize the exemplary work done by start-ups, will be presented by Amitabh Sinha, Co-Founder & CSO, meetingsandofffices.com.
Shekhar Sanyal, Director and Country Head of the IET, said, “The first two editions of the Congress focused on unifying the fragmented IoT ecosystem and unravelling the business outcomes through IoT. This edition will focus on bringing an immersive view of the Internet of Things and the future it presents. We are excited about this edition which is set to be bigger and different in many ways.”
Sharing his thoughts on the upcoming Congress, Rishi Bhatnagar, Chairman, IET IoT Panel and IoT India Congress, and President, Aeris Communications (India) said, “IoT has been growing exponentially in India. There is tremendous opportunity for industry players in the country to drive innovations which not only accelerate transformation but also enhance the standard of living amongst Indian citizens. In the past two years, the IoT India Congress has served as a platform for various stakeholders including industry experts, policy-makers and regulators, to come together to provide an immersive view of IoT in India and discuss what the future holds. It is heartening to see how the Congress has been able to unite industry leaders who are focusing on future innovations. This year too we look forward to seeing great participation from IoT enthusiasts from across the country.”
Prem Behl, Chairman and Managing Director the Exhibitions India Group, said, “The Internet of Things is a reality that is being implemented in a range of industrial and business applications. It has potential to transform all types of businesses and our day-to-day lives. The focus of the IoT India Congress is to evangelise the Internet of Things in India, and to help accelerate its adoption, which will enhance productivity and efficiency in various sectors.”