Internal Adobe Analytics data shows record global traffic in January 2020 as well), and also showed its strength in the U.S., ranking again as the #1 digital news outlet in January 2020 in the key categories of multiplatform unique visitors, mobile unique visitors, multiplatform video starts (Dec. 2019), millennial unique visitors, and political unique visitors, which shows again that more people get their news online from CNN than from any other outlet.
#1 IN GLOBAL DIGITAL NEWS
CNN saw a larger global audience than any other news platform in the world in December 2019, with 165 million unique multiplatform visitors (data most current available), 20 million more than second-place BBC and 37 million more than third-place The Daily Mail.
CNN.com: 165 Million Multiplatform Unique Visitors
- BBC – 145 million unique visitors
- DailyMail.co.uk – 128 million unique visitors
- Yahoo News – 123 million unique visitors
- The New York Times Brand – 118 million unique visitors
- FoxNews.com – 104 million unique visitors
#1 IN MULTIPLATFORM VISITORS
Breaking all records, CNN posted 148 million unique multiplatform visitors domestically in January 2020. This is 34 million more unique visitors than second-place Fox News and 41 million more unique visitors than The New York Times.
CNN.com*: 148 Million Multiplatform Unique Visitors
- FoxNews.com – 114 million unique visitors
- The New York Times Brand – 109 million unique visitors
- NBCNews.com – 93.3 million unique visitors
- WashingtonPost.com – 92.6 million unique visitors
- DailyMail.co.uk – 89 million unique visitors
#1 IN MOBILE UNIQUE VISITORS
CNN’s mobile audience continued to top 100 million unique visitors in January with an all-time record of 128 million mobile unique visitors – 33 million more mobile unique visitors than both second-place Fox News and third-place The New York Times.
CNN.com: 128 Million Mobile Unique Visitors
- FoxNews.com – 95.1 million unique visitors
- The New York Times Brand – 95.0 million unique visitors
- Dailymail.co.uk – 84 million unique visitors
- NBCNews.com – 83 million unique visitors
- WashingtonPost.com – 79 million unique visitors
#1 IN MULTIPLATFORM VIDEO STARTS
CNN again ranked as #1 in digital video with 522 million multiplatform video starts, generating 210 million more video starts than its nearest competitor Fox News in December 2019 (data most current available).
CNN.com: 522 Million Multiplatform Video Starts
- FoxNews.com – 312 million video starts
- Yahoo News – 290 million video starts
- ABCNews.com Sites – 153 million video starts
- MSN News – 123 million video starts
- MSNBC TV – 116 million video starts
#1 IN MILLENNIAL REACH
CNN saw a larger audience of millennial multiplatform unique visitors (between the ages of 18-34) than any other competitor in January 2020 with 42 million.
CNN.com: 42 Million Millennial Unique Multiplatform Visitors
- The New York Times Brand – 30 million millennial unique visitors
- Dailymail.co.uk – 28 million millennial unique visitors
- WashingtonPost.com – 27 million millennial unique visitors
- NBCNews.com – 24 million millennial unique visitors
- FoxNews.com – 23 million millennial unique visitors
#1 POLITICAL NEWS SOURCE
CNN Politics continued to reign on top of all political news sources at the start of Election Year 2020, as the #1 ranked political news destination in January 2020 with 58 million multiplatform unique visitors, 50 million mobile unique visitors and 74 million multiplatform video starts (December 2019). January 2020 was the second-biggest month ever for CNN Politics mobile audience behind December 2019. CNN Politics has remained the #1 online political news outlet since March 2015 when the first person declared their candidacy for president in the 2016 race.
CNN Politics: 58 Million Multiplatform Unique Visitors
- TheHill.com –34 million unique visitors
- Politico.com – 31 million unique visitors
- Fox NewsPolitics– 24 million unique visitors
- MSNBC TV – 15.4 million unique visitors
- NBCNews.com Politics – 14.7 million unique visitors