As we emerge from this pandemic, health & safety is a crucial aspect of the information guests are seeking in order to make informed travel and especially accommodation decisions. To cater to this need, a new feature on Booking.com now makes it simple for accommodation partners to share with travellers information about their own initiatives in this area, providing greater consumer assurance and transparency, building the confidence to book as well as setting the right expectations when they arrive.
Booking.com has introduced the health and safety measures feature on its platform. The new feature will allow accommodation partners to select the different health & safety measures they are taking in areas such as hygiene, sanitization, social distancing and food safety amongst others. Partners can immediately make a selection from the list of measures they are taking. Their selection will be displayed on the Booking.com website on their property page in a specially designed ‘health and safety box’ to equip travellers with transparency while making a travel decision.
This feature will provide multi-fold benefits to travellers, accommodation partners and the travel community. Through this, travellers can make informed decisions by viewing all the health & safety measures the property is taking and have clear expectations about how they will be protected during their stay. For accommodation partners this will help showcase the measures they are taking and provide the much needed confidence to potential travellers as they make their booking decisions, for travel when it’s safe to do so.
Ritu Mehrotra, Country Manager, India, Sri Lanka and Maldives at Booking.com, said, “At Booking.com, our utmost concern is for the safety and security of our customers, partners and colleagues.
As the situation evolves, we continue to update the support we provide, including enhanced transparency to consumers around health & safety information when booking on our platform.
By introducing these safety measures we will help set accurate expectations and bring additional peace of mind for travellers when the time is right and they are ready to experience the world again,” Mehrotra added.
Some of the health and safety measures that the properties can select from are:
|Safety Features |
· Staff follow all safety protocols as directed by local authorities
· Shared stationery such as printed menus, magazines, pens and paper removed
· Hand sanitizer in room and common areas
· Process in place to check health of guests
· First-aid kit available
· Contactless check-in/check-out
· Cashless payment available
· Social distancing rules
· Mobile app for room service
· Screens or physicals barriers placed between staff and guests in appropriate areas
|Health & Hygiene|
· Use of cleaning chemicals that are effective against Coronavirus
· Room is disinfected daily
· Linens, towels and laundry washed in accordance with WHO guidelines
· Room sealed for guests after cleaning
· Social distancing in dining areas
· Food can be delivered to guests room