Balaji Telefilms TV content production business continues to dominate the ratings and accounts for 15% of the Primetime ratings and #1 ranked production house for the year. Balaji Telefilms had 9 shows on air across 4 channels during the quarter, resulting in 219 hours of programming.
Dream Girl, a movie produced by Balaji Telefilms performed exceedingly well ensuring strong profitable performance in the movie business. A strong line up of movies for the next year being developed.
ALTBalaji continues to be a leader in the original Hindi SVOD space, the platform today has 57 shows. The content alliance with Zee5 has been live for over a quarter and the shows are doing well on both platforms. The alliance allows ALTBalaji to minimize cash burn while developing a profitable and scalable, direct-to-consumer business. ALTBalaji continues to witness strong revenue growth and nearing profitability on a standalone basis
Shobha Kapoor, Managing Director, Balaji Telefilms Limited said, “This quarter has been one of our best profitable quarter and we continue to focus on creating good content. We will continue to focus on growing the business profitably, investing in high-quality content and utilizing our existing cash reserves to create profitable growth, as we have been doing.”
- TV Business contributes to 15% of Prime-Time Ratings and Balaji Telefilms is the number 1 production house by a wide margin. 9 shows running through the quarter with 2 new launches in the quarter
- Current slate of 4 movies for the coming year, continue to focus on co-production and presales
- ALTBalaji move into a single partner behind the paywall ecosystem vs a multi-partner free to consumer ecosystem has resulted in strong growth in the direct consumer. Active subscriber base at over 1.6m
FINANCIAL PERFORMANCE HIGHLIGHTS
- BTL Standalone business had a very strong performance driven by the increase in the number of hours of TV production and production of content for ALTBalaji / Zee5 and the successful release of the movie Dream Girl.
- Expansion in EBITDA reflective of strong operational cost controls. Standalone Business Q3 PAT at Rs 29.4cr and 9M PAT at Rs 47.4cr, growth of 145% and 165% respectively
- ALTBalaji had strong revenue growth and on track for quarterly break-even, Q3 Consolidated revenue at Rs 187cr, EBITDA at Rs 39cr and PAT at Rs 13.8 cr. Q3 profitability despite continued investments in ALTBalaji
- Mutual fund investments as on 31st December 2019 were at Rs 175cr, cash and cash equivalents at Rs 14.5cr.
- Board has declared an interim dividend of 20% or Rs 0.40 per share