Amazon Prime Video has announced Putham Pudhu Kaalai, an anthology of five Tamil short films filmed during the pandemic and featuring stories about hope and new beginnings. The anthology includes 5 short films.
- Ilamai Idho Idho directed by Sudha Kongara (Soorarai Pottru) starring Jayaram(Uttama Villain),Kalidas Jayaram (Poomaram) and Urvashi (Soorarai Pottru), Kalyani Priyadarshan (Hero).
- Avarum Naanum/Avalum Naanum, directed by Gautham Vasudev Menon (Yennai Arindhaal) starring S. Bhaskar (Sivaji: The Boss) and Ritu Varma (Pelli Choopulu)
- Coffee, Anyone? directed by and starring Suhasini Mani Ratnam (Sindhu Bhairavi), Anu Hasan (Indira)), Shruti Haasan (Treadstone)
- Reunion directed by Rajiv Menon (Kandukondain Kandukondain) starring, Andrea (Vada Chennai), Leela Samson (OK Kanmani) and Sikkhil Gurucharan.
- Miracle directed by Karthik Subbaraj (Petta) featuring Bobby Simha (Petta), Muthu Kumar (Pattas)
The anthology is a first for Amazon Prime Video and follows the successful release of several Tamil films such as Nishabdham, Penguin, and Ponmagal Vandhal as well as Amazon Original series Comicstaan Semma Comedy Pa and will be available to stream across 200 countries and territories from the 16th of October, 2020.
Putham Pudhu Kaalai was shot in compliance with rules and regulations set by the Film Employees’ Federation of South India (FEFSI) for filming during the ‘Unlock’ phase.
Aparna Purohit, Head of India Originals, Amazon Prime Video, said, “Putham Pudhu Kaalai was born with the intent of talking about hope, love and new beginnings and the fact that art finds expression in the most challenging times.
“With Putham Pudhu Kaalai, we are delighted to bring to our customers a unique offering by some of the best creative visionaries from the Tamil entertainment industry,” Purohit added.
Prime members will be able to watch all titles anywhere and anytime on the Prime Video app for smart TVs, mobile devices, Fire TV, Fire TV stick, Fire tablets, Apple TV, etc. In the Prime Video app, Prime members can download episodes on their mobile devices and tablets and watch anywhere offline at no additional cost.
Prime Video is available in India at no extra cost with a Prime membership for just ₹999 annually or ₹129 monthly, new customers can find out more at www.amazon.in/prime and subscribe to a free 30-day trial.a